Find Great Indian Restaurants Near Me
Have a hankering for Indian food? Bring on the curry. Stop Googling “Indian Food Near Me” – we’ve got you covered with the map below. Pick a place, hop in the car and head to one of the delish Indian eateries in your neighborhood now.
Indian Food Near Me – Current Location
Here’s a bird’s eye view of all the Indian food in your area.
Indian Restaurants Near Me That Deliver
Good news — if you’re not in the mood to go out, you’ll be happy to know a lot of Indian restaurats will deliver their mango lassi and more straight to your door. When Indian food near you is delivered, dinner is just a phone call away.
What Types of Food are Popular in India?
Some of the most popular Indian food dishes are:
- Samosa: a deep-fried triangle pocket stuffed with potatoes, onions and peas, usually dipped in mint chutney.
- Curry: meat or vegetable dishes flavored with traditional Indian spice. Curry usually features cardamom, safforon, caraway, fennel, chilli pepper, onion, coconut milk, etc.
- Naan: traditional Indian flatbread.
- Dosa: a flaky, crispy, crepe-like delight.
- Tandoori chicken chicken marinated in yogurt and spices, then cooked in a tandoor.
- Chicken Tikka Masala: a rich chicken dish with a spicy tomato flavor, served over rice.
- Jalebi: sweet, fried batter spun into spirals and flavored with syrup.
- Baingan bharta: a comforting eggplant and veggie medley.
Why Indians Eat Spicy Food?
As with all other hot climates, food brimming with spice keeps bacteria, and therefore spoilage, at bay.
Do Spices Kill Bacteria?
Yes, spices kill bacteria. Here are the top 30 bacteria-killing spices:
10. Lemon grass
11. Bay leaf
26. Pepper (white/black)
28. Anise seed
29. Celery seed
Source: “Antimicrobial Functions of Spices: Why Some Like It Hot,” Jennifer Billing and Paul W. Sherman, The Quarterly Review of Biology, Vol. 73, No.1.